Debt Collectors

4:17 PM / Posted by ProfoundThought /




I received a call today
That warranted my attention
See it had a local number on it
Which meant I didn’t need intervention
No masking my voice
Or ignoring the call
I thought it was a friend
Didn’t question it at all.

So I picked up the phone
Especially since it was my cell
Long distance usually means, collector,
Telemarketer or jail

When I picked up the line
My stomach sat in my throat
Cause when they started talking
I knew it wasn’t a joke

“Hello, may I speak to Bethesda Smithen?”

First off that’s not me
Should have capitalized on them
Not saying my name properly

Could have told them many things
Like they had the wrong person,
But I went on talking with them
Without even rehearsin’….

My regular man voice, or Chinese dialect
Or real ghetto slang like they speak in the projects
But instead I said like a moron….

“Speaking”

And that’s when they started seeking…
For what they would never acquire
This time I didn’t fake or make the mistake
Of becoming a liar

“I don’t have the money and
My insurance should have paid.”

“Well you can pay it now and take it up with
Them later to receive refund.”
That’s when I started to become…..
Angry

What part didn’t you understand?
Is it when I said I don’t have the money

Or…….

When I said I don’t have the money?

Cause when I said I don’t have it
That means I can’t pay to get a reimbursement
Dummy!

Are you hard of hearing
Or just plain stupid
I think it’s more ignorant
Cause that when they start
Getting ruthless
Talking loud and
Making threats about collections
But how many know I’m not stressing
The message
They’re conveying
Even if I had the money
And I told you I didn’t
That means I made up my mind
And I ain’t paying

But they don’t get it
So sometimes you have to provide
Interpretations
Like giving straight flagrant statements

And some people resort to using four letter
Words
I chose to make them proactive
By using verbs

Speak up!
I can’t hear you
Somethings wrong with your phone
Fix it
And then call me back

0 comments:

Post a Comment